Find your presence in the meeting room
Time & Location
About the Event
12th March – 10.00 to 18.00
Bld Bischoffsheim 11, B-1000 Brussels
299 euros for members / 399 euros for non-members
Meetings can often be dominated by powerful personalities that leave quieter-types silent. Yet group science tells us that the best outcomes come from meetings where each participant contributes: regardless of experience, education or seniority. Making interventions in meetings can be a daunting prospect: structuring your thoughts, finding your confidence and knowing how to interrupt are skills anyone can learn. This fun, relaxed and engaging workshop will show you how.
Who should attend?
Anyone who struggles making interventions in meetings. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned professional: if you have ideas to share but find it hard to speak up in meetings, this workshop is for you.
1. Finding your presence, confidence and personal brand in the meeting room
2. Taking ownership of your ‘space’ in the meeting
3. Clarifying and structuring your thoughts inside your head first
4. Polite and socially acceptable ways to interrupt discussions and monologues
5. Creating the opening to seamlessly deliver your intervention
6. Step-by-step method to prepare and deliver your intervention so it has impact
7. Group exercises and role-play so you’re learning-by-doing
8. Hands-on, dynamic and fun with individual attention
Training / Workshop Leader
Meetings Doctor, Dr Madeleine de Hauke is recognized for her work advising, coaching and training large corporations, SMEs and NGOs on disrupting ‘business as usual’ and re-programming their meeting culture to increase results. Meetings are the heartbeat of every organisation: where we decide, strategize, negotiate, influence and connect. A medical doctor with a distinguished 25+ year career in the chemical and medical industries, Maddy now dedicates her time to help you get the best out of every meeting – including with yourself: who hasn’t negotiated with their internal saboteur recently?